Orlando Take Steps Walk
Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis is CCFA's largest fundraising event. Participants raise funds and awareness throughout the year and come together to celebrate the steps that have been taken towards a cure. We’re committed to help transform the lives of those impacted by these diseases to one of a brighter future based on well-funded, cutting-edge scientific research. Make the decision now to join us and take a step toward a future free from Crohn’s and colitis!
• The need is critical: Over 1.4 million American adults and children suffer from Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, life-changing digestive diseases. 93,000 of those affected reside in Florida.
• Fundraising is essential: When you walk, you help raise funds to support medical research, education and awareness. Over 80% of every dollar raised goes into research or support services.
• You make a difference: Together we can achieve a better quality of life for patients and those who participate in their care.
Women Build-Habitat for Humanity
Launching on April 28th and ending on Mother’s Day weekend May 9th, 2015.
What can a group of women do to address the poverty housing crisis facing 1 out of every 3 rental families in Orlando? Build a house for a family in need. WRDQ 27 Community Connection is proud to once more support this community initiative.
Join Central Florida Women from all walks of life in your community for Habitat Greater Orlando’s 6th annual Women Build event. Participation is easy, and no construction experience is required!
How to get involved:
1. Sign up! Contact Sherri Law to sign up as an individual or a Team
2. Fundraise! Each participant will raise a minimum of $525 to sponsor a home
3. Volunteer! You will join women of all walks of life for one (1) day on the build site to help with the hands on construction of the home you are helping to sponsor
Build it…like only a woman can! Contact Sherri Law at (407) 440-6983
Location: Crane’s Roost Park: 274 Cranes Roost Boulevard, Altamonte Springs, FL
Date: Sat May 02 2015
Check-in: 8:00 am
Start Time: 9:00 am
27 Community Connection is proud to support the 11th annual NAMIWalks event, hosted by NAMI Greater Orlando, which take place on Saturday May 2nd. Held in the beautiful Cranes Roost Park, participants can check-in at 8:00am to walk with others, raising funds for the education of mental illnesses in the community along the way.
NAMI was started in 1979 and has continued to grow, with efforts focused on educating, advocating, listening and leading others to do the same. Their programs include a valuable lifeline knowns as the toll-free NAMI HelpLine, which directs callers to free referral, information and support.
To register for the walk or find out how you can donate click here